Mother’s Day is the perfect time for a reset. Some of us feel joy. Most of us feel some sort of grief, loss or disappointment, or at a minimum, conflicting emotions. And some of us feel a blend of all of the above. That’s what it is to be human, isn’t it?
How do we thrive in the midst of so much suffering in the world? How do we also embrace the significant joy that comes our way–whether it’s in the form of a quiet cup of coffee, the wagging tail of a dog or the contentment that springs from appreciating access to clean water and a warm bed (if you are fortunate enough to have both of those)? How do we mother ourselves into whole health?
Here’s the deal:
Join me starting today for 80 days of #NotesAndTheBody as part of the #MysticAthlete movement. Every day until July 31, choose one or more of the following:
- Some sort of significant exercise as defined by you – think about walking, running, gardening, yoga, Qoya, basketball – whatever.
- Intentional Rest – be it sitting still for a bit or snuggled and awake or asleep.
- Write a handwritten note to anyone – and mail it with in four days.
And here’s the thing, it’s hard to miss a day if you manage even a few minutes of rest or sleep because it’s embedded in the concept. That will take us to July 31. And don’t worry if you’re reading this after Mother’s Day. You can join during any point in the journey.
Optional Calls to Action
- Please share this post and also consider subscribing to my blog at https://rebeccainspiresnow.com/
- Find a buddy to join you.
- Follow MysticAthleteTV on YouTube and on Instagram for 60-second videos or sometimes a little longer.
- Post your #NotesAndTheBody #MysticAthlete actions on social media.
- Keep your participation private and don’t tell anyone you’re doing it.
Those are the basics. Read no further unless you want more context. You can watch this 1:44 video and/or read on below.
What is a #MysticAthlete ?
I had a “download” — which means a big gift from my muse to write an 8-point Mystic Athlete Manifesto in March of 2017. For more than a year, I tested this approach to thriving with two friends – one in DC and one in London. While I considered making this a fee-based program, I want to launch it in its FREE form for now. This summer I will be embodying these principles and also focusing heavily on writing and editing the sequel to my novel, The Amazing Adventures of Selma Calderon. Here’s an overview plus I added two more points to the manifesto. It’s a living concept which will evolve over time.
Mystic Athlete: Exploring Your Own Personal Ecosystem to Maximize Health and Joy
The ecology of you —building an ecosystem that supports personal health, wealth, strength and connection to nature and humanity aligned with the divinity of everyday magic.
The Mystic Athlete approach offers a flexible path for health, wealth, connection and everyday magic. We live in a world where societal expectations and the ones we place on ourselves are too much. The pace feels too fast.
Mystic Athletes learn how to take an ecological approach to their lives and prioritize physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being. The goal is not balance—it is a mastery of energy and the shifts required for you to enjoy your everyday life, prioritize joy, set intentions and take inspired action so that many of your longings and desires become your reality.
It provides a path to weave together fun, family, friends and money management while prioritizing nature connection, movement, nourishment and creativity.
Mystic Athlete Manifesto
I pledge to:
1. Love up every curve; Wonder at, and embrace my gorgeous belly.
2. Delight in the delicious; Let a healthy bit of sensual pleasure heal me.
3. Cultivate my warrior.
4. Quiet the spirit when the soul is calling.
5. Draw, write and create a life full of color.
6. Dance under wild lights.
7. Listen to my intuitive body and train with all my Mystic power, including relishing rest.
8. Invite and embrace affluence in all its forms.
9. Trust in the journey including the divine detours.
10. Allow, allow and keep allowing – begin a love affair with the act of not knowing.
I hope you enjoy exploring this path with me if you choose to do so. Don’t worry if some of the mystic language prompts a feeling of “I don’t get it” or “that’s too woo woo for me.” You don’t have to completely get it because part of the mystery or not knowing is inherent in the approach. Also, I MADE IT UP with the help of divine inspiration.
And you are not required to take the pledge – just go forth and
move your body
rest your body
write someone a note and mail it
only if you want to do so.
There’s ZERO pressure. I love those kinds of invitations.
See you out there!