Greetings Earthlings and You Magical Beings Made of Stars!
I hope you have been able to find some snuggle time like sweet South, the ninja rescue dog pictured above. I have been snuggling under the covers as much as possible this week to recuperate. I am thrilled to share that during my #88WriterlyDays, I wrote 17,000 words for the sequel to my novel! I had already written 21,000 words prior to that so with the production schedule I developed, once I get confirmation from the amazing editors and designers on my team, publication is scheduled for December 8, 2020. Woohoo!
Speaking of publication, yesterday, I was honored to be featured the newsletter of acclaimed writer, Sarah Selecky, here.
As a reminder, this Magical Mondays series is a new experiment for 2020 and you can take or leave what serves you. I hope you find something that touches your heart and spurs you to action.
Onward to our inspiration list for the week:
1. Troop Zero on Amazon Prime Video is one of the most tender, beautiful and funny movies that I have seen in a long time. It comes from the same writer as Beasts of the Southern Wild. I urge you to take the time to watch it.
2. Mothering with the Moon – Free Preview Call on January 28 at 12:30 pm Pacific Time: I recently called Mariah Joy Soloy Belt, the “Yoda of Parenting” — and she is much more than that. Her upcoming course, “Mothering with the Moon” focuses on the energetics of being a mom and not going full throttle all the time. She has a much more beautiful way to put it. I encourage you to check out her page about the preview call here. You can sign up and catch the replay too!
4. Grace Lin on The Windows and Mirrors of Your Child’s Bookshelf – this is a touching, short, uplifting and eye-opening talk. And of course I enjoyed her 88 Cups of Tea Podcast Episode.
5. Make an Emotional Labor To Do List: This lifehacker article helps to raise awareness about all of the little things that don’t get put on the list whether you have a partner or not.
6. A Total Shift in Business: This podcast episode: You Have to Risk it All: Inside the Harrowing Creative Shift of Jennie Nash – WeGrowMedia– was so revealing. It’s a conversation between two friends, Dan Blank and Jennie Nash, who share business goals and practices on a weekly basis. Jennie has a million dollar business and she is completely changing it because she was not paying herself enough and it was taking a toll on her wellness. It is very illuminating if you have been thinking about building a business.
Here’s how you can help this week:
- Take a walk and don’t look at your phone for 15 minutes. Just look around and notice what and who is around you.
- Visit the library or check out the Libby app for free access to books. Read!
- Want to Design a Life & Live It? Check out my Work With Me page to learn more.
And remember, Look for the magic in everyday life. There are clues everywhere!