I’m starting a fun experiment today called “Rebecca’s Magical Mondays” — a menu of inspiration for the soul, heart, body and mind. I run across so many resources weekly that I wanted to share them on a regular basis. I figured that since I recently completed #88writerlydays on Instagram when I worked on the sequel to The Amazing Adventures of Selma Calderon and #88mysticathletedays, perhaps I could share something weekly–that’s only 52 times!
As always, I invite you to enjoy what serves you. And perhaps if a resources feels edgy or out of your comfort zone, give it a chance. Sometimes resistance can be a great teacher and a pathway to expansion!
- Health: The Chestnut School of Herbal Medicine recently shared a round up of best articles of 2019. I thought that Herbs for the Immune System and Growing Medicinal Herbs in Pots would be helpful as many of you navigate your way through the winter.
- Planning: For years I have followed the approach of creating Core Desired Feelings based upon Danielle LaPorte’s Desire Map book. However, this is the first year that I used her the workbook which helped me get very clear on how I want to feel in all aspects of my life–and how those feelings support what I want to create.
- Working: One of my friends/colleagues shared Jason Lengstorf’s short blog post called “Yak Shaving: On Doing the Work before the Work”and it has been a game-changer for me. This approach has helped me to view the tedious tasks of life in a whole new way.
- Money: Tosha Silver’s new book It’s Not Your Money has intrigued me. I haven’t read it yet, but truly enjoyed her books, Outrageous Openness and Change Me Prayers. Here’s an interview on the money book which I truly enjoyed.
- Music + Body: My sister friend sent me this song by Allen Stone called Naturally. It is one of my anthems this year for sure.
- Rest: My friend and #WalkInnBeauty mastermind leader, Ho’omalamalama Brown shared a blog post called The Ritual of Rest in 5 Easy Steps. It’s a wonderful and simple approach to consider integrating into your life.
- Meet me in person: If you or someone you know is in the Santa Barbara area, I’ll be on a panel for the Santa Barbara Public Library’s Local Author Day on Saturday speaking about the craft of writing. The details are here and also on their Facebook page.
A. Share this post with friends by forwarding or sharing on social media and encourage them to enter the email and follow the blog.
B. Buy my book, The Amazing Adventures of Selma Calderon: A Globetrotting Magical Mystery of Courage Food and Friendship or tell someone about it or ask your local library to order it. It is available through independent book sellers, Amazon, Barnes and Noble and iTunes. 5% of net proceeds go to Teaching for Change.
3. Share info about my book through my website: RebeccaVillarreal.com
I hope that you enjoyed this quick gift of resources. I appreciate you and your heart. Look for the magic in everyday life. There are clues everywhere!